Hello my dear readers! I hope you had a fantastic time on Christmas, with lots of food, drinks and much much love from your loved ones. I had a great time, but that is the subject of another post to come really soon.
Today I want to talk to you about something else, I’ve been postponing for a long time. You see, December was a really lucky month for me as I was given the Liebster blog award by 6 different bloggers this month. Plus one more award that was given to me 2 months ago(!) and I hadn’t enough time to write about it, because I had other things to post. But I didn’t forget. Of course not!
But let’s start from the first award. The one of The Liebster blog…
So now it’s finally the time to thank my fellow bloggers who gave me this award:
1. the lovely girls/future shoe designers from shoelazzo, 2. Dena from StyleLimelight, 3. my sweety Denise from Denise’s planet codes and secrets who always leaves the most amazing comments on my blog, 4. Evi from Posh and Fashion, 5. Beauty in Crisis, and finally 6. Marianne from Lure of the Dark Side!
Most of them are Greek Bloggers (except for Denise) who recently joined us on the blogosphere and I would recommend you take a look at their blogs.
Girls, thank you so much for giving me this award, it means so much to me that you like my blog, and I really appreciate it. My blog, might not be a new one, since it’s soon going to have its first anniversary (Yayyy!!!), but as you may have noticed (and as these girls all did too), I have less than 200 followers, so I was eligible for receiving this award, and this might be the reason why I was given it so many times this month. Even though I prefer to think that I am indeed a dearest blog, as the award title implies.
…A lot of rumbling follows, so if you’re not interested in reading it, and I don’t expect you to, just skip to the part where I give the award to other bloggers….
Of course in the blogosphere many believe that if a blog hasn’t thousands of followers, isn’t successful, but I don’t believe it. The important thing is to have hundreds/thousands/millions of readers, not followers. And that’s what I’m “working on”, and from the statistics I see I think I’m doing a good job and I’m on a good path. Of course my blog might be almost 1 year old but I didn’t have Bloglovin’ and especially GFC till after a few months of when I started writing. And I’m a strong believer that followers should not be “acquired” by the “Follow me and I’ll follow you back” technique most of new bloggers seem to embrace/adopt.
What I’m trying to say is that bloggers should be less concerned about the followers, and more concerned about their content and their attitude towards others. No one wants a spammer leaving comments on their blogs, and believe me those comments are as good as spam. Well, at least this is my suggestion and this is what I’ve noticed over this year of blogging.
They say: Good things come to those who wait. Success, fame and glamorous life won’t come overnight! If that’s what you’re searching for in your life, and what you want to accomplish through blogging.
Well, enough rumbling for today…Just had some things on my mind for too long a time, and wanted to finally let them out. Follow my advice or not, that’s your choice, and everyone is entitled to have his opinion.
Anyway, after this long pause as I got a bit carried away in my own thoughts, it’s finally time to pass this award to 5 lovely bloggers. Here they are:
1. To my sweet Denise, I’m giving back the award ‘cause I was going to give it to her from the first time I received it, and before she got hers.
2. To Claire, who’s given me an award too and has a lovely blog as well.
3. To My-Fashion-Diary who writes about fashion and beauty in both English and German.
4. To Maria, who’s really sweet and have a fantastic fashion and personal style blog.
5. And finally to the girls of Bubble my Licorice, which is a great mix of fashion, personal style and food. A few of my greatest passions.
Now moving on to the next award I was given by my dear fellow blogger Claire of Notebook of Claire, the “Tell me about yourself award”. Thank you so much Claire and sorry for taking me so long to write about it.
In order to receive this award, I have to say 7 things about myself and give it to 15 bloggers.
Well I’ve already done both parts when I received my first award here, but it’s been some time since then so I’ll try to think of 7 new ones.
1. I live in Thessaloniki in Northern Greece, and I love it here. I wouldn’t change it for anything.
2. I’m a marketing and advertising graduate, but I haven’t searched for a job since I graduated, ‘cause I haven’t decided what I want to do in my future, and I’m terrified of job interviews. But I’m sure I’ll soon get there.
3. I speak Greek (of course), English (doing my best) and for the last 2 years I’m learning Spanish, which is a language I always loved.
4. I am really good with computers and most gadgets, but my relationship with the newest mobile phones/smartphones (iPhones, Blackberries etc.) is terrible. I have no idea how to use them and I feel like Carrie from the “Sex and the City” movie when she was given an iPhone to call Mr. Big. And yeah, I consider myself a blogger. At least I’m a fast learner…But I didn’t have the chance to use them for long. Too expensive for my taste. I prefer to give my money elsewhere.
5. Related to no. 4 above, I don’t have a Twitter account. Neither a promotional one for my blog (yet!) nor a personal one. So no, I don’t know how this thing works either. I always preferred Facebook.
6. You should have guessed by now that I love cooking and baking and I’m very good at making sweets. At least on what I’ve tried so far.
7. Lastly, my DIY skills are limited to none. My only DIYs are cooking and nail painting (the plain one). And I’m still on the working process of these two, too. hehe
Now it’s time to tag the blogs I want to give the awards to, but the post is already huge, and 15 more blogs would make it even bigger, so if you want to do it consider yourself tagged. I would really love to know more things about my readers so if you accept this award and do the post, please let me know so I can read your answers too.
I hope I didn’t tire you with this huge post. I have some more similar posts to do, and I’m planning to do them really soon too. So stay tuned.
In the meantime, please follow my blog if you like it, no strings attached.
Have a great day!♥ BLOGLOVIN / FACEBOOK ♥ ♥ Lookbook / Chicisimo ♥