Happy New Year everybody! May 2015 bring you anything your heart desires!!! Best wishes to all of you!
As a new year has started, I found myself not having a clue on what to post here. The truth is I’ve been struggling to find things to post on these wishlists for months now. It simply started as a column to write what caught my attention and what I wanted to include in my closet, but it became something else. ‘Cause I’m not that superficial and materialistic and I can’t possibly want (or get) all these things each month. It was purely for eye candy purposes anyway. The other half of the truth is, I can’t buy most of these things, either because I don’t have a credit card (and don’t need one), or because I simply don’t want to/need to. You’ve all heard, and some of you felt the consequences of the economic crisis in Greece, but you rarely (or NEVER) heard of fashion bloggers talking about this matter. Well, I’m not going to say a lot about it either, because you’re probably here to pass your free time in a pleasant way, and to (possibly) get away from the troubles of your own life. What I’m going to say though is that I’ve seen those consequences first-hand, and it has changed me even more, in so many ways. I was never a “big-spender” (on the contrary), but now I’ve come to a point, where I rarely shop anything to wear, unless I really need to or unless I really want to and I find the cost-per-wear rational. So, without super analyzing these, and getting into personal details, this month, I decided not to post a shopping wishlist, but to post something more interesting, in my opinion.
So here is my wishlist for 2015:
- I wish that we’ll finally manage to climb out of this crisis, with the dignity we have left.
- I wish for less unemployed and most importantly less homeless people on the streets (not because of the choices they made, but because sometimes the system isn’t fair).
- I wish for people in my country to stop thinking only about themselves, and stop hiding their income & assets at the expense of others who have chosen to live an honest life (and we need more people like the latter).
- I wish for health and happiness to my family & the people I love (because they’ve been through enough already).
- And finally, something for me: that 2015 will be the year that I reach my goals, because I’ve been working really hard 24/7, and that should be acknowledged in a way. Because I’m sick and tired of people with 9-5 jobs, lecturing me about life, and dictating what I should and shouldn’t do with MY life, in THEIR opinion, just because my job (that they call a hobby) isn’t conventional and doesn’t pay all my expenses (yet).
Huge thanks to everyone who gave some of their precious time to read my huge post, but I wanted 2015 to start a little bit differently and set some things straight. Because there are more important things in the world than shopping (of course there are!).
So happy 2015 everybody! And I promise I’ll be back with a more pleasant and “frivolous” post than this one! 😉
Follow me on:
♥ SHOP MY CLOSET ♥