I don’t know about you, but lately, and by lately I mean the last few years, I’m not feeling the Christmas spirit as much as I did when I was younger. So I promised myself, that this year, I’ll do everything to get this feeling again, because I truly believe that it is the most wonderful time of the year. So let’s see together, what we can do to get our Christmas spirit ON:
- Listen to Christmas music. I think this is pretty basic. It always gets us into Christmas mood, early on.
- Decorate your house. The Christmas lights and the tree are instantly going to get your Christmas spirit on.
- Buy or make an advent calendar. You know the ones that have little surprises inside, and count down the days till Christmas? I know it’s already 11/12 but the good thing is that you can eat all the candy/chocolate from the previous days all at once.
- Take a walk through the city. By now all cities have put on their Christmas lights and decorations, and it’s nice to walk through the city and see what everyone did this year.
- Go to new restaurants/cafes/bars. It’s the perfect season to go to all the places you always wanted to go in your city but for some reason you haven’t so far. They’ll be decorated too, so it will be a really nice and Christmas-y atmosphere.
- Watch Christmas movies. Gather up your friends, boyfriend, girlfriend or loved ones and watch Christmas movies together. If you can, make a list, and watch one movie every day.
- Bake Christmas cookies. For me, there’s nothing better in getting you into your Christmas mood than baking Christmas cookies, while listening to Christmas music. You MUST listen to Christmas music while making them. It’s the secret to their success! 😉 Shhh…..
- Buy presents for your loved ones, or even better, make them yourself. Giving presents is so much better and fulfilling than receiving them. There’s nothing like the feeling of searching for the perfect gift and watching your loved ones unwrapping it with excitement. Always think of what the receiver would like to get, and shop according to their taste. These are the most successful gifts!
- Wear something sequined and go to a party. Red and gold are the most popular colors for Christmas, and sequins are really big this time of the year. Why don’t you wear your sequined dress and go to a Christmas party? I’m sure there are a lot happening around this time. Go and have fun!
- Last but not least, donate to a charity or help the less-fortunate any way you can. It’s something that should be done all year long, but especially during this season, there are people who want to feel the same as you. Help them any way you can! Buy them food, give them clothes or blankets, talk to them…they’re all around us and they need our help too. Nothing fills the heart more, than doing something nice for someone you don’t even know. Show kindness and love and be an example for others to do the same. We need more kindness in our lives!
That’s the end of the list! I hope you liked this, different from the usual, kind of post. I’ll make sure to write more lists from time to time, because I like writing them and reading them, and I hope you feel the same. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment under this post!
Stay tuned for holiday look ideas in my next posts, starting from Monday!
Follow me on:
♥ YOUTUBE CHANNEL ♥